We round off our Culture theme with Irish sports this week. Caitlin asks “What is sports?”, Joe recalls his days playing Gaelic football and together we bring you the best of Irish athletics.
- Americans watch Hurling for the first time.
- Irish Rowing Olympians, the O’Donovan brothers, give some of their class interviews.
- A Yank asks GAA fans stupid questions about Irish sports.
- Here’s that Liam Neeson advertisement for the Rugby World Cup. (*Note: Though Rugby is very popular in Ireland, it is not a sport of specific Irish origin.)
Caitlin egg conch
- Irish – An raibh tú ag imirt peil Ghaelach ar scoil?
- Phonetic – On row thu egg imurch pell gaylock sa squell?
- Translation – Did you play Gaelic football at school?
Potts & Plans
- This tour provides you with opportunities to sit down in a stadium with a pint in hand and watch the Irish at their competitive best. You’ll come away with a greater understanding of Irish sports and a passion for this crucial aspect of the country’s culture.
- Two options of 6 nights are available. We discuss option A, but you can still get your game on with option B or combine the two quite easily.
- Mention the podcast for a little surprise on your vacation.
- Find more Tours for the Reasons at crystal-travel.com/reasons